Thursday, June 17, 2010

Holiday

It has been such a long time since I've made a post on this thing! Since I have two free months before grad school, now would be a good time to update more regularly. The last few months have been really busy both personally and professionally. In February I was accepted to graduate school at the University of Georgia to pursue a masters degree in art education. I also took two additional studio classes after graduation to keep my hand in painting and ceramics.(I am going to try to get a few images up from these classes in my next post.)The past month or so has been devoted to getting moving all my things out of my current apartment and sorting them for the next move to GA.

While the past month has been busy making preparations for moving, I have had some very needed weeks of pure downtime. Artistically, I've been insanely burned out. I have not so much as touched a pastel or piece of charcoal since the night before final portfolios were due. I was also planning not to take any studio classes my first semester at UGA, but I think a graduate figure drawing class I read about in the bulletin may put a stop to that one. It would be really great to draw from a live model again. I just don't want to over do it with taking on too much at one time. I made the mistake of doing that in undergrad and I swear to never do it again.

I've been doing some dabbling into areas of art beside the studio aspect. Recently I have developed an interest in arts administration (which is one thing I can do with a masters in art ed). The PR and collaboration with the community sounds like something I'd really like to get into. There is a lot of business knowledge involved with this part of the arts. I picked up a book about small business law at the library and am trying to wrap my brain around some of it. It has been really wonderful to have the time off to follow some new interests outside of school. Hopefully I'll learn a lot I can use to help my future career, whatever it may be.

Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...