Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Art

Back in the Burg and back to a computer I can actually use for uploading pictures. Here's a random sampling of some of the ceramics work I did last semester. Most of the pieces featured in this post are from my raku firing experiments. For those of you who don't know raku is one of the oldest firing techniques dating back to 16th century Japan. It is a pretty simple method and yields some very interesting glazes.

Here's a video clip of how it's done.


Not a bad video. I just wish they showed the final pieces.
On to my stuff...


Raku Tea Bowl Set



Small Raku Bowl



Box (high-fired)



Vessel (high-fired)



Sculpture (high-fired)



Sculpture (high-fired)



Sculpture (high-fired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...