Monday, April 18, 2011

Research Hero Sandwhich

Why in the world does paper writing have to be such a tedious process? The odd thing is that I really enjoy doing research. If I have a topic I really like I could read about it for days. Then comes the business of having to compile my own thoughts with what I'm reading. While having a conversation with one of my art history buddies, the best analogy we could come up with for building research around your thesis topic is kind of like a deli sandwich from a Tex Avery cartoon. You have this massive tower of ingredients- slices of bread, lettuce, cheese, and tomato; with this toothpick running through the whole thing. Found research equating to what the sandwich is made up of and the toothpick holding it together being your thesis statement. In the next two weeks, I've got some serious sandwiches to make....

Oh, and disclaimer. I know I promised images of what I've been working on lately. They are coming. I finally got my new computer yesterday and I need to figure out how to get the photos from my camera on it. Some of the drawing from my figure class may be taking an interesting turn tomorrow. We are going to the cadaver lab... Let you know how that one turns out.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...