Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hertzfeldt

Although I haven't made any art in awhile, I think I've finally busted through whatever barrier that's been damming up my creativity the past couple of years. My curiosity about filmmaking has been elevated since I notice a link on Facebook to a Don Hertzfeldt article on CartoonNetwork's Adult Swim website. This guy's crude, little hand drawn cartoons are what I think would happen if you took some Shel Silverstein and threw it in a blender with David Lynch and a dash Charlie Kaufman. Erie, yet really clever and inviting. Below are a few of my favorites.

Everything Will Be Okay, 2006

 
Ah, L'Amour, 1995


Billy's Balloon, 1999

For more on Don check out his person website Bitter Films or good ol' fashioned wikipedia.

In personal news: My last graduate class ended a few days ago. I still have my thesis due next semester and that's pretty much it. In order to catch a break I decided to just forgo the crazy to have an extra semester to work. It's felt pretty good to know I have some time for myself. You need to just stop everything sometimes to rebuild. Happy creating, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...