Sunday, June 30, 2013

What I've Been Up To

This has been an incredible month for me in terms of creating new work and plugging into the Hattiesburg arts community! As anyone who has graduated with an art degree can tell you, it takes a while to recharge enough to create your own work after being under so much academic pressure for a long time. In my case, that period of time was roughly three years... One of the best ways I've found to motivate myself was getting involved with other artist for a cause or having a deadline to shoot towards. 
Last weekend I participated in the H.I.P. Quick Draw for Kids sponsored by The South Mississippi Art  Association. Also, over the last couple of months I've been working on two new paintings for the Mississippi Alabama Bi-State Competition. Both experiences have inspired me and helped me regain my passion for doing what I love. 

Bi-State entry progress

Detail

Detail

Finished Bi-State Entry

Bi-State entry No. 2 progress

Quick Draw in Action!

My Finished Quick Draw Pieces 

Bi-State piece on my porch workspace

Finished Bi-State Piece No. 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...