Wednesday, June 12, 2013

You Don't "Need" a Studio

This has been a busy week. I've made more artwork in this single week on my own since I graduated college. It is such a good feeling to be excited about making again. Starting to creating art after you have been use to having large university studio spaces at your disposal where you can create and bounce ideas off other artists can be intimidating. To add to it I've had several people tell me when I began yearning to do my own work again, "You need a studio" or "It's really hard to do anything without a studio". Eventually, I would love to have my own home studio or elsewhere. Right now my "studio" space is the floor of my living room or my dining table. Not having a space designated for just work can be a challenge, but don't let what you don't have stop you from working. Pull a tarp over the floor, hang out in the garage, or if you're a sculptor work small. There are ways to get around what you don't have. That's part of an artist, right? It's a matter of creative problem solving.  

                           












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...