Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Next Big Project and Goodbye to My Car


Well, my yesterday homework for Blogging From the Heart was a little bit delayed due to my being in a wreck coming home from work. Don't worry; I'm okay. I just need to get a new car because mine is basically totaled. The day wasn't a total loss because I came up with an idea. Last week I talked about wanting to write more and I think I've found my perfect project. I love reading stories and listening to podcasts about how artists or creative business people start from the ground up. I asked myself: why aren't these gritty, wonderful stories being talked about more?

I would love to write a book sharing these stories. I think it would be incredibly inspiring, especially now in an economy where it seems as if the only stable way to keep a job is to make it yourself. The issue comes up of my story. Well, I don't feel like I have much of a story just starting in. That's the fun of it, isn't it? When I started on this journey I didn't feel like I had much of a story, just another person who just finished college and couldn't find a tolerable job that used their skills. Then again, I guess that is a story.

Historically, I am notorious to never finish anything that I start. Perhaps, keeping this blog up with no more long hiatuses will give me a measure of accountability. The same thing applies to my paintings and all the other unfinished stuffs that I keep myself occupied with. My grad school thesis is the only huge thing in my life that I've actually accomplished, but, then---I kind of had to do it to graduate.

I'm excited to see where this all will lead. More later.

Also, here are some photos of my poor deceased baby of a car :( It will be sorely missed.







4 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks awful… it is hard to believe you came out unharmed…

    I am a blogger from the heart too, and I love your post! And I am a Big Unfinisher of Things too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I'm really trying to break that habit. Thanks for the kind words :) I'll check out your blog soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! I'm so glad you walked safely away from this... poor car, indeed!
    I thought this might cheer you up, if you haven't seen it already https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/61495038/i-never-finish-anyth-black-and-white?ref=favs_view_2
    From one Never-Finisher to another :)
    I'm a BftH bod, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, what a mess your car is ... You must have been horribly shaken up!

    Oh, and I'm a big Unfinisher too. Something I'm always battling. You know how it feels ... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...